The GenealogyAgentSM website helps you monitor the Internet for your hard-to-find ancestors for new or updated information. If you are tired of repeatedly checking the same websites or conducting the same searches only to find the information for an ancestor has not changed, we can help. Our GenealogyAgents are designed to help you monitor websites and multiple genealogy site searches for any changes related your ancestors.
GenealogyAgents are software agents that act on your behalf to monitor websites and conduct multiple genealogy site searches for any new information on your ancestors. We will send you an email message once a month to let you know if our GenealogyAgents detected any changes related to your ancestors. This way you can be sure to catch any new information on those elusive ancestors. Click on the image at the right to see an example of a monthly email message you could receive.
Monitor Your Ancestors
To start monitoring your ancestors, just register and follow the instructions. Each new registration receives one free ancestor monitor for one year. If you would like to learn more about our site before registering, take our Site Tour. The tour shows an example of how to set up one ancestor so that our GenealogyAgents will examine five regular websites and conduct 92 genealogy search combinations each month to see if anything has changed for this ancestor.
If you would like to monitor the Internet for more than one ancestor, the cost is $16.95 per year for one ancestor. That's less than five cents per day.
Webmasters: Highlight your website here for free. More information.
GenealogyAgents Use Details about Your Ancestors
Our GenealogyAgents don't just check to see if any old thing has changed on a website or for a given genealogy site search. They are smarter than that. They use the details you provide about your ancestor (birth, death, parents, siblings, etc.) to see if those details have changed on a website or for a genealogy site search. The GenealogyAgents do this once a month and then send you an ancestor email indicating whether or not they found any changes based on the detailed information about your ancestor.
Genealogy Brick Wall?
Not sure if you need our GenealogyAgents? Not sure if you have hit a brick wall in your genealogy research? Try these free genealogy sites:
- To see if you have checked all the major websites for family trees, try Family Tree Searcher. Many people aren't aware of all the websites for family trees.
- To see if there are any resources on the Internet for your ancestors that you may have missed, try Genealogy Search Advice.
- Finally, if you are just starting to search the Internet for your ancestors, try Genealogy Fast Track. That site has a series of easy-to-use decision charts to help you get started with your research
DNA Ancestry is another option to consider to help you with your "brick wall" ancestors. You can use it to validate your research, breakthrough genealogical dead ends, or even connect with previously unknown genetic cousins (who might have more information about your ancestry). All you need to do is provide a mouth swab. See DNA Ancestry at Ancestry.com.
Other Features on This Site for Genealogy
You can browse some of the other genealogy features that are available on this site:
- To see the websites our users have suggested for specific surnames, go to Surname Search.
- To see the categories of websites that are currently in our GenealogyAgent Network, go to Network Sites.
- For more information about adding your websites to our GenealogyAgent Network, go to the For Webmasters page.